We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car parking?????

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
car parking?????

Can any one tell me a safe cheap place to park in Brighton within walking distance of the central shops and lanes...please? Happy to enjoy a good walk! Daughter is at Sussex uni but the bus seems to take so long! When I visit we don't have time for the round trip! Thanks.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car parking?????

I would say anywhere is as safe as it can be, as for cheap forget it, there is very little that's cheap parking in the city centre but the least priced seems to be the Trafalgar Street car park adjacent to the North Lanes.

Have you thought about using the train from Falmer instead of the bus if time is your issue?

London, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car parking?????

an usefull topic on TA regarding your inquiry : tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186273-i249-k42…

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car parking?????

http://www.regencysecureparking.co.uk/ 37 per day, £12 overnight. Not bad at all.

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car parking?????

Funny.....that's almost more than my car is worth!

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car parking?????

Thanks. Clearly I have to go green! Bournemouth has not caught up with Brighton yet! .....still have to park at the university... £2.50 for 2 hours.... I'm just not used to this!

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car parking?????

Thanks. Clearly I have to go green! Bournemouth has not caught up with Brighton yet! .....still have to park at the university... £2.50 for 2 hours.... I'm just not used to this!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car parking?????

Parking at the Railway Station is probably the cheapest and most convenient you will get in central Brighton.

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/btn/details.html

Best bet is to park on street (free 24/7) close by Preston Park Station, and get the train or bus into town.

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car parking?????

Thank you very much ! sounds good.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car parking?????

I meant to type £7, typo...oops

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car parking?????

Ha ha ! Choona....now thats a bit better! quite concerned for when daughter moves into Brighton house near the station for next year... we do have to move all her stuff in with out blocking up the entire road system!