We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

England
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
461 reviews
Save Topic
Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

A friend and I will be coming to Brighton this weekend and staying at Queens hotel.

We’re coming on the train and I’ve tried googling and it is suggesting we take bus 47 – just wanted to confirm this is the best route?

We could walk but it’ll be evening and we’ll have small suitcases so the bus would be better, and we don’t really want to get a taxi.

Thanks,

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

In a word, NO! Route 47 doesn't go anywhere particularly near the Queens Hotel, in fact there is no direct bus route from the station to that part of Kings Road. If you take a bus down into town (North St) you will have to walk along East Street through the lanes to get to the Queens.

Sorry but your options are those 2 you don't want, a cab or walk. If you choose a cab it will cost you appx £5.20 (dependant on traffic volume & time of evening) or a 15 minute walk.

Following on from your cupcake topic: If you decide to walk then visit "Cocoa" which is just down Queens Rd from the station (on the r/h side just after the 1st set of traffic lights), not sure about cupcakes but the most wonderful French pastries which are certainly "to die for".

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

Take a cab (rare for me to suggest that!). Or walk down Queens Rd and then into salubrious West St after dark, oh, but then you'll prob not make it to your hotel, until late, if at all?!! ;)

Edited: 28 February 2013, 18:20
England
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

Thanks for your replies - i was hoping it would be straight down the road on one bus but obviously not, we'll go with the taxi in that case!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

Hi,

You can get a 7 from the station and get off at the Pavilion stop and it's just a short walk from there but a cab will only be £5ish

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

By the way, its a very nice hotel.

England
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

Yes it's quite nice and a great location too. I'd definitely recommend it but perhaps a sea view room to avoid the nightclub noise on weekends!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,526 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

very nice hotel but even on the 4th floor we still heard the noise at night and early in the morning, beer deliveries

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

Good Hotel, but food should have been better.

9. Re: Train station to Queens hotel - bus 47?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Brighton
Recent Conversations