We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pubs In Brighton

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pubs In Brighton

I am doing an article on the 10 Best Pubs in Brighton. It's a tough choice with over 900 to choose from. I'm going for nice pubs - not bars and ideally traditional type with good beer/food/atmos

So far my short list is: The Bath Arms, The Fortune of War (simply because of the beach), The Lion & Lobster, The Wick Inn, Basketmarkers Arms, Shakespeare's Head, The Windmill

Everyone's thoughts please - thanks.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

oh yes, love the Earth & Stars, almost mulled wine time! well worth a visit during a shopping sesson.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

Only if you're a crusty old biker!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

Strange that, whenever I've been in there it's full of students & trendy lefty organic lager drinking hippies, beards derigeur

Edited: 10 November 2013, 00:05
Farnham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

11/01/2014

Upon the reviews i found here, picked the Basket Makers Arms and it was great.

Great atmosphere, Great food, Great Beer, Gret...

you get the point, and the next time i am in brighton i know where i will be lunching (hopefully with the same girl !)

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

There are few in AA pub guide.

Sussex
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

There are actually two! The Signalman on Ditchling Rise and The Open House on Springfield Road. Both excellent.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 08:26
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

Thought I'd add to my first comments here on this old thread, I mentioned Lion and Lobster as probably my favourite pub in Brighton.

Due to visitors and a number of recent visits charged with provinding a pub experience Lion and Lobster has gone up in even my past high estimations. Had several really first class pub meals here in groups thus viewing and tasting many of the regular dishes. Not the cheapest pub to eat but the food is pretty darn good and I'd have to say some of the fish dishes I've tried rival or better some local very expensive fish restaurants.

It's always been a great pub with many characters depending on what floor and what part you choose to chill out it but IME the food has improved - well worth a visit.

Stoofer

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

I wonder what happened to BrightonRob's article ?

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

Well the Lion was sold last month, to a London pub Co, for in excess of £4m!

As for another pub to add, I really liked The Cow at Seven Dials, it was packed mid week, serves good food, and some unusual beers & ciders.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Best Pubs In Brighton

Interesting, Bo. Let's hope the food at Lion is part of the new rather than the old being lost. Amazing building, I can well imagine that price tag.

Stoofer