We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

Another year, another wedding and this time it is my younger daughter who is getting married. I am taking her and her older sister to Brighton this coming weekend for 2 nights for a mum-daughter hen weekend ( a little more sedate than the one she is having in May! ) and would welcome any ideas that would make the weekend special.

I have the hotel booked but would appreciate some feedback on good restaurants that may have a bit more of an atmosphere. Also where would be a good place to go in the evening that is not too packed. My daughters are 25 and 27 and although I am a youthful 49 year old, I don't favour clubbing so much - but I am up for some fun with the girls. ( I tried to book the Proud Cabaret but tickets are sold out)

Thank you in advance for your comments.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

Thre's an excellent tapas bar called ole ole that you should try out - excellent authentic flamenco !

Mike

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

For somewhere to eat with a bit of atmosphere, how about Bellota it's the UK's only Cava bar and serves quality Tapas. It has a great atmosphere especially at the weekend. Las Iguanas (Mexican style) is also a good one for atmosphere.

Maybe try Bohemia for drinks, or Browns. Although they won't be quiet at the weekend there will be a good mix of ages in there.

3. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 05:29
Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

Thank you all for your replies, I am going to have a look at the restaurants/bar that have been mentioned, they all sound great.

As for the sew workshop, I have taken a look at the Facebook page and I know my daughter ( the one getting married ) would be really interested in this as she is very into arts and crafts. I was hoping to take her to the pottery cafe this weekend but I think she would come to the workshop on another occasion. I am sending her your details.

Sarah

chrissy51
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

My sister and I staying weds to fri I would like afternoon tea and evening entertainment for thurs, nice restaurant for weds night, its her bday 52, any ideas much appreciated.

6. Re: Special Mum-Daughter's weekend in Brighton ideas please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:17