We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brightons Best Burgers

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Brightons Best Burgers

Something of a renaissance or burger war going on so it seems. One of our own even gets a mention in a National!

telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/restaurants/101…

I see there's Burger Bros on North Rd but not tried. I used to rate GBK, that was until Byron blew it out of the water, only shame is they haven't opened in Brighton yet, not for long tho I'll bet.

Mentioned in this post
Byron
Byron
583 Reviews
London, UK
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Ah, well one report doesn't make it necesarily so bad to avoid, I prefer personal experience and reports on forums like these from direct experience from various folk but that's a pretty damning review, the photo looks cr*p

Whaever the review the whole concept here is not for me personally so I won't be trying it either. As

with Jamie Olivers I won't queue for a restaurant, if they are too lazy or ill equipped to take bookings and manage those properly I go elsewhere, if all they want are group bookings it's probably going to feel manic and noisy with those groups, either way thanks but no thanks, take bookings or forget it. That system really annoys me, the concept is cleverly designed to give the impression of popularity whilst helping a badly organised kitchen, when they fall behind they can just say they are full or not ready to take more diners, that's when you see queues outside with the restaurant half empty, for me a sign of a place that doesn't deseve my effort. I'm the customer, serve me when I ask not when you think you are ready! Rant over, sorry about ranting but queue for restaurant does get my goat more than most things..

Looks like M.L. will have a young following and do well, style over substance again like so may places, maybe the burgers are good, I've heard so from a friend who raves about them but again the issue of cost and those horrible fries as mentioned early on this thread. I do so hate fries and they are a rip-off,, give me decent chips or don't bother, I think Burger Bros. has the right idea in that regard.

Thanks for the links and info. here Bo. It's not attracting votes for burger joints which is a shame IMO but I've had some good info. here and found a darn right excellent burger take out that will capture my burger fix money in future. Good job!

Stoofer

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Nice piece on Brightons Burger revolution!

brightonholidayhomes.co.uk/blog/brightons-bu…

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Update:

restaurantsbrighton.co.uk/best-burgers-resta…

Brighton's gone burger mad, plus Blenio bistro at Seven Dials reopening nxt month as a gourmet burger resto (Coggins & Co, ex Preston Park Tavern)

Edited: 22 March 2014, 08:54
Mentioned in this post
Preston Park
Preston Park
270 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

We ventured down the seafront last Sunday as it was such a beautiful day. After wandering up and down breathing in the ozone and enjoying the balmy weather we stumbled across Lucky Beach. It was really busy in there but we were lucky enough to see that a couple were preparing to leave so stood and waited for a few minutes. After they left I sat down and was promptly pounced on by one of the waitresses who we referred to subsequently as the queue monitor. She took me to task as there were two people waiting, but I explained that there had been no queue when we first got there, the couple had arrived after us and there was another table free by then anyway. After a long debate and careful consideration she finally decided we could stay. Fifteen minutes later with no order taken although many staff passing by, my husband walked to a waiter and asked if we could have some drinks. Things improved greatly from there; a beer for him and a Moscow Mule for me (yum), a free aerial display from a stunt plane, a chance to people watch (including the queue monitor, she was very strict) ;-) and so we relaxed. Decided to eat there and we both had a burger, green chilli for him and LB Royale for her, a side of fries and a bottle of chilled rose to wash it down. I haven't had a burger for many years but have to say that these were excellent. You get two patties, the meat is very good quality, perfectly cooked, and the brioche buns are light textured. My husband's not keen on all the "fixings" and requested them on the side; they had no problem with this at all. I was apprehensive about the "pickled onion" but it turned out to be slices of red onion and very nice too. You go inside to pay and when I did, had a nice chat with a good few of the staff who were all friendly and chatty - yes, even the queue monitor! Will happily return.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Can't quite believe that Burger Brothers is ranked #1 out of 805 Brighton restaurants on trip advisor!

Mentioned in this post
Burger Brothers
Burger Brothers
1,268 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Nor me, it's not even a restaurant, and doesn't do fries, burger average imo

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Update:

Forget everywhere you've previously eaten at places that purport to be great burger outlets, because there is now a new kid on the block.

read my recent review.

Coggings & Co. http://tripadvisor.com/6509679?m=19907

I visited last week, and imo it's thee best burger (restaurant, not fast food).

I thoroughly recommend you visit.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 20:06
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

The review site is flawed in many respects, and yes if folk vote for a take away it can become top restaurant, I wouldn't read to much into TA restaurant rankings either way.

As for Burger bros 'burger avarage', I can't agree, they are way way above average in a town full of less than

average burger outlets.

Coggings looks like a good tip but not eveyone wants to eat a burger in a restaurant, I don't, for me it's a take out fix or pub with a pint, and in that context Burger Bros is always high on my list and I'm not alone.

I like to see credit where credit is due, what they do, BB's does well, without such places we'd be stuck with the hugely expensive 'gourmet' chains and you can't knock the passion and enthusiasm of Burger Bros.

Stoofer

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

Burger Brothers is Good, however I don't think it's deserving of 1st place in Brighton. It does make highly suspicious the majority of reviews are from people who've only got 1 (sometimes 2 reviews) call me cyclical....

Looking forward to trying Coggins though....

Mentioned in this post
Burger Brothers
Burger Brothers
1,268 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Brightons Best Burgers

If you liked Burger Bro's and appreciate better, meat, service, all round eating experience, better than Byron & GBK, then Coggins & Co is for you, don't knock it till you try it, you will want to go back. Have a chat with the Owner & chef, Andrew, very personable, he's a restauranter.

Mentioned in this post
Byron
Byron
583 Reviews
London, UK