We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

dailymail.co.uk/news/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,736 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

I wonder what the full survey really said and is it worth the paper it is written on.

This article sounds like typical Daily Mail selective reporting that is so selective that it twists the truth rather than giving full and useful information.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Obviously anything in The Daily Mail has an agenda, so if the survey was amongst their readers then this is hardly surprising. But it is interesting that the top objection is "trendiness".

I'm really glad that Brighton is so much smarter and more fun than it was in the bleak 70's and 80's - but many of us in the county think that, on occasions, it heads past "cool" into freak show territory. The parking is a joke, the bus lane situation a farce and the property prices a potential bubble for fingers to be burnt.

On the plus side, the AMEX is a brilliantly designed stadium and the pubs just get better and better.

My verdict : not as good as it thinks it is, but still the best place in the world for a dirty weekend.

Mike

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Just to add - objecting to "gender neutral toilets" seems rather odd. I thought we all had at least one of these in our own homes...

Mike

Peterborough
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Then why is it so busy - year round not just the summer months

The hotels charge megga bucks unless you can get a special deal The only sea-side resort we visit where the hotels charge you a mighty sum to park

But its Brighton no where quite like it and we shall return

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

As Mike says, the Daily Mail has a (rather horrid) agenda. The large gay community would be enough to generate the Mail's hatred.

The bus service is great, the pubs better. And there are some very good restaurants.

Unfortunately I cannot, unlike Mikey, comment on dirty weekends. Does you have to wear an Argyle shirt in a similar manner to David Mellor's blue one?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

This is typical rubbish put out by the Daily Mail. It doesn't even say who commissioned the survey - may be it was SAGA in which case Brighton probably wouldn't score highly.

It is sad that this paper is allowed to get away with this sort of stuff. They also ran a story about a hotel in the Dominican Republic where British tourists complained that local Dominicans were also allowed to stay at the hotel - GASP!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

I'd agree, usual crud fom the Daily Mail! Blackpool is hideous.......

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Sorry Daily Mail so it was "Real Holiday Reports" - .but hardly a robust sample.

9. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 December 2015, 20:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brighton Voted Worst Resort!

Active Members 1 - and he is editor of the Daily Mail!