We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fossil hunting

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Fossil hunting

We will coming down for a day trip from London next week. I have read about places for fossil hunting, some of which don't seem terribly far from Brighton when consulting a map, but I'm not sure how easy they are to reach given we will be depending on public transportation.

Specifically thought we could go to Seaford Head (if low tide coincides with a good time for us) and could look for fossils and also get a good view of the Seven Sisters. Would this be possible? If not are there any places we could go?

My 8 year old son would be delighted if we could somehow find a way to make it work, but please tell me if I should just forget about this as an option. Thanks for any help you all can give me.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fossil hunting

The Brighton to Eastbourne bus service is very frequent and will drop you near Cuckmere Haven. The Seven Sisters visitor centre is there. Very popular with local school parties so should be good for you both. Make sure you know what a meander is ! You walk down to the pebbly beach.

You should try to do some walking on the cliffs as well, to get the very best views. Another alternative is a train to Seaford and a walk over the cliff to Cuckmere Haven. You will recognise this view from the film "Atonement". Get a bus back to Seaford should you get tired.

Mike

2. Re: Fossil hunting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Brighton
Recent Conversations