We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant that does vouchers

Bristol
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant that does vouchers

Hi,

I am looking for a nice restaurant in central Brighton that does gift vouchers.

I am hoping to give as a gift for Christmas, approx. £40 for 2 people in their 30's so I don't want anywhere TOOOO expensive.

I have seen some lovely restaurants on here but the websites don't show gift vouchers and it would take me a long time to keep ringing around.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant that does vouchers

I would imagine that you could book anywhere in advance in Brighton paying by credit card and getting email confirmation. Don't know of anywhere that specifically gives vouchers. Cote offers from 12 - 7pm a set menu price of £9.95 for two courses and £11.95 for three and is one of our favourite eateries. To be honest, you're not going to get much for £40.00 otherwise unless they go somewhere like Warung Tujuh (Indonesian food) in Pool Valley that has a set two course lunch for about £9.00 per head. Some people may suggest Donatello's, who also offer a set lunch menu, but I am not one of them -to me it has the feel of an Italian Harvester.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant that does vouchers

Terre a Terre do gift vouchers but it might be a bit on the pricey side as does Jamies Italian, Drakes and Browns.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant that does vouchers

Don't limit yourself to vouchers, there's no need. Most restaurants will take a pre payment credit on your reservation. If the guests blow out more than your gift amount they can pay the difference themselves.

It's also perhaps a good way to enjoy a restautant they can't usually afford and you wouldn't run to as a gift, plenty of great restaurants where the bill will be less than £100 for a 3course meal with drinks and wine -

going 50/50 would still be a great gift IMO

Some restaurant will also allow you to give your card details on the phone and charge the bill amount after the event, easier when they know you but worth asking if you know it's a reliable management.

At £40 for 2 choice is a bit limited @ £80 Brighton is your oyster.

Stoofer

4. Re: Nice restaurant that does vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:21