We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Hotels

Inverness, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Brighton Hotels

Hello this is my first post on here so sorry if it doesn't have that much information.

Me(22) and my girlfriend(18) are planning on going to Brighton in June for 1 week. We have decided what we want to do and we have our plan for getting there from Inverness Scotland. Plane to London then probably a train to Brighton.

All we want to know now is what hotels are good to stay at. I am happy with a premier inn or travelodge but they seemed to be quite expensive when we looked last time so aslong as it is clean and has a bed we are happy. Cheap and clean.

Also a hotel that isn't too far away from anything, maybe near the train station so we don't have to carry suitcase's about all day on arrival.

One final thing i would like to know what we should be budgeting each for the week. We are looking to do stuff like the seaworld(i think it is), amex stadium, marina and stuff.

London
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton Hotels

The Ibis hotel is about a minute from the station. It would probably tick the boxes for what you are looking for.

You can save money for things like Sea Life by booking online or getting hold of vouchers for two for one offers.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton Hotels

Depends on:

1. Your budget

2. Preference large hotel, b&b, guesthouse

3. Location: close to beach, clubs pubs bars etc

Inverness, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton Hotels

Well i'm not really good with booking hotels and all that so i don't know what is a acceptable price for a hotel for 1 week.

I work full time and my girlfriend doesn't work so i don't know of a acceptable budget.

Cheers for the advice on the Ibi i will look into that.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton Hotels

I've stayed at Jurys Inn on business a lot (used to spend more time there than in my own home!). It's right by the station and about 10min walk downhill to the seafront. I've never had any complaints with it and it's usually very competitive on price. Prices vary but I usually pay around £75-95 a night. One of my colleagues likes Umi Hotel but I've never stayed in it. I don't recommend the Hilton Metropole - you can read my TA review if you want the full story!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton Hotels

by the way, if you're flying into Gatwick the train to Brighton is very easy - it take about 30-35min and trains run every 15-20min. It costs about £20 return each, just watch out as there's a slightly cheaper ticket but it's only valid on First Capital Connect trains not Southern Railways who run about half the services. For an extra couple of quid it's worth having the flexibility of being able to use either.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brighton Hotels

Location wise Thistle hotel but you might get good deal with jury's Inn and also there plenty of small and BB to suit your budget.

7. Re: Brighton Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18