We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

Shanghai
3 posts
Save Topic
Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

Hi

Are there any nice bars/restaurants with a nice view of the beach and a cosy lounge feel to watch the sun set and warm up for the evening?

We will be coming to brighton for a weekend one night we will spend in the lanes but where should we go for our second night? Is the beach a good option? If not please suggest alternatives. We are all aged 30-40.

Thanks

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

what type of cuisine are looking for?

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

Best beachfront restaurant is riddleandfinns.co.uk/riddle-finns-beachfront… with direct sea views.

There are quite a few bars, pubs, cafes also on the beach, but none that could be described as cosy, and often seating is difficult to get. If the weather is good then Coalition will have the main club doors open, and there are sofas there, with direct sea views.

Your best option is to wander between the Piers and find the place that best suits.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 07:56
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

Consider eating at Chilli Pickle or Ginger Dog.

Drink at Ten Green Bottles & Bar in Hotel du Vin

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

I'm with Bo on this one, especially if it's a nice day. It's unlikely that you'll get a cosy feel along the seafront itself. Personally, I'd go somewhere like The Regency or something else that has the view but is off the front.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

I note you say "beach" but Brighton "beach" is covered in stones and you will hardly see any sand.

However there is an amazing wide "prom" (promendade) along the front at Brighton with many restaurants "under" the prom where they used to keep fishing boats.

Shanghai
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

Thank you for all of your responses. I have done a bit more digging and maybe we should settle for a pub on the beach which can be relaxing in a different way. Are any of these better than the others? Or would you recommend somewhere else?

Ive found Ohso, Brighton Music Hall (I've read there are live band at these two) Fortune of War and Gemini. I also read about Alfresco but they said we many need a private area for 40 which I don't think is for us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts

7. Re: Bar/restaurant on the beach with a nice view fir 30-40 peopl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:33