We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road charges

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Road charges

Hello.

My friend is coming to visit me to London. We would like to hire a car and go to Brighton. Do you know If there are any road charges on the way to Brighton straight from Stansted airport?

Thanks Klara

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road charges

The river crossing has a charge though tolls on roads are very rare in the UK. BUT parking is expensive in Brighton.

Could you not fly to Gatwick? 'Straight' from Stansted isn't straight as it involves the M25 which can be very slow and dreary. Gatwick is a short train ride from Brighton (and London).

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road charges

There's a £2 toll when you cross the Thames - though I think it's free at night

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Road charges

Even Heathrow would be a better choice than Stansted

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road charges

I would seriously think about you and your friend using the train as it will be quicker and cheaperif you are hiring a car for a short period.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road charges

It's much easier and cheaper to get the train from London. There is a direct train from Victoria and road charges are the least of your worries - the parking in Brighton is not cheap.

6. Re: Road charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 07:16