We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stadium..Amaerican Express

Bognor
Level Contributor
68 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Stadium..Amaerican Express

We're going to see Rod Stewart at here next Friday..any tips on parking and also are their restaurants in the stadium?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,546 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Park and Ride would be the best...there is a very limited parking at the stadium. I am only familiar with arrangements during football....not an event such as this, but your ticket should show the best way to get to the stadium?

There is a restaurant in the stadium, but not sure if open for events other than football. But surely there will be somewhere to eat!

Bognor
Level Contributor
68 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Thank you.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

There is limited parking at the stadium but Park and ride would be your best option. I would eat in Brighton before or after the gig and not at the ground. The food is expensive there and it is more pies and burgers.

Bognor
Level Contributor
68 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Thank you ..very useful

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Hope this isn't too late for you now...

P&R has to be booked - its at Mill Road

There is Car Parking at Sussex Uni but again has to be booked.

Both through ticketline I think. (£11.00 and £22.00 respectively)

Could well be chaos at the stadium, as lots of friends I know, who have tickets, received no details with their tickets regarding Parking, and just expected to turn up at the Amex and Park there.

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Oh, and unless you want a Pie (which are very good there) or a Burger (which aren't) eat in Brighton.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

We are also going to Rod Stewart concert tonight and staying overnight in Lewes which was suggested to us when I queried hotels and parking in Brighton some months ago. Taking train to stadium but worried about previous Posts I have read regarding railway station being too small and unable to cope with volume of people - assuming this would be at end of the night. Would there be taxis freely available at the end of the evening to take us back to Lewes?

Edited: 13 June 2014, 09:08
Bognor
Level Contributor
68 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Thanks to everyone and I hope your journey went smoothly. We have now been to the Rod Stewart concert and although Rod was (as always) fantastic, the catering in the arena was a shambles. Also the park and ride from Mill Lane booked us in for 4.30 and was almost an hour late. Does anyone know who organises the Park and Ride and who is responsible for the catering?

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Hoping this post will be of use to others in future who visit the stadium. We booked into The Dorset Inn in Lewes (not the Ritz but ok for 1 night. See reviews on TA) which has cheap public parking opposite and 10 min walk to train station. Booked train tickets on line and collected at machine at station - Falmer only one stop from Lewes. Left concert about 10 mins before end due to previous posts re volume of people at station and got on train right away. Even if you don't need to stay overnight would recommend the car park mentioned as only 10 min walk to station and it is free after 5 pm. and rail fare for two adult returns was only £13 - possibly cheaper option than P&Ride. Finally have to say we travelled about 5.30 pm which prob too early for some but worth it to be hassle free.

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stadium..Amaerican Express

Hi

My wife went to the Concert, and also said both the transport and catering were a complete shambles.

Unfortunately, lots of tickets were sent out without any information regardring Parking/Transport etc.

I suggest you send your comments regarding transport to:

steve.reeves@bhafc.co.uk

He is the transport manager.

Regarding the catering, send your comments to paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

Hope you get a satisfactory reply.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 11:48