We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation please!

I know - same old same old question!! Sorry - have trawled through the threads but not found the answer! Can you pls recommend somewhere to stay a couple of nights somewhere central Brighton - sea view preferably! Coming by train so parking not an issue. Preferably with some sort of breakfast included in the price. Main issue - is that a lift is needed - which I think probably rules out most of the lovely B&B's I've seen recommended here. Oh and nothing deadly expensive - will only be used for sleeping in. Thank you !

Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Mercury has an Autumn break on offer I have recently been looking found 2 nights b@b plus evening meal on first night for £204 for a double room

Brighton does come at a cost have also stayed a few times at The Old Ship also can have offers on

Note the Mercury offer at 204 did not include a sea view this comes at an extra cost

Also have used the Princess Marine at nearby Hove can also offer good rates for a sea view room This is further out but a pleasant walk Has a free car park which won't affect you but saves a bundle on central hotel parking prices

Edited: 28 August 2014, 18:24
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Without knowing your actual budget, it's hard to make suggestions, but for sea views you could try Queens Hotel (not sure if they have a lift, but you could ask), the Thistle Brighton (definitely has a lift), or the Granville (has accessible rooms). The Grand also fits the bill, but is pricier.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Thanks Rosie for the reply. Actually I suppose I should have forgotten about the "sea view" bit - obviously that will come at a price!! Maybe amend it to "somewhere central along the / or near the front" (have to get my look at the sea fix!) Do you know what is the food like at the Mercure - is it worth getting the package? And I am not sure - but I think I read people complaining about the lift never working - might have been at another hotel though. And by the way - it is for the mid week - not weekend.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 18:31
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

I stayed at the Lanes hotel a few years ago and enjoyed it there. It is on the sea front and does have a lift.

www.laneshotel.co.uk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Thanks artgirl - sorry we were posting at the same time! Was just looking at the Grand - I was surprised that it seems comparatively affordable.

And thanks Bev - seems a good suggestion - lift and look like very good rates (and old fashioned booking form - think probably easier to ring them up - nowt wrong with that though either!)

Edited: 28 August 2014, 19:33
Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Food was ok at the Mercury and as the offer was probably about the same as the b&b rate worth taking anyway

Mercury is on the seafront

Last time we had a side room but you could still see the sea

Never had a problem with the lifts think hotel has two or three

The special rate I found is very good for Brighton Love Brighton but it really does come at a price

Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

Food was ok at the Mercury and as the offer was probably about the same as the b&b rate worth taking anyway

Mercury is on the seafront

Last time we had a side room but you could still see the sea

Never had a problem with the lifts think hotel has two or three

The special rate I found is very good for Brighton Love Brighton but it really does come at a price

The Grand has lovely Seeing view balcony rooms but probably £300 a night

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

In the end my OH decided to book The Old Ship Hotel which worked out fine. I think it was £195 for 2 nights - in a sea view room. The room had been refurbished and was spotless - lovely big and comfortable bed, good en suite. It was on the 2nd floor so the view was great. The weather was hot and we slept with the windows open - which meant on the Sunday night, we got noise from voices passing by outside until pretty late and when they subsided, there was noise from a disco somewhere. The Monday night was quieter and I didn't hear any disco. However I am sure if we had the double glazed windows closed we wouldn't have heard anything - or else use the earplugs provided! Another plus is the bar and restaurant terrace on the pavement - some people even had their breakfast there (which by the way was varied and perfectly decent. The bacon and sausages probably weren't organic - but I can live with that!)

Thank you all for your help! Having now seen some of the places recommended, I will have ideas for places to try for a future visit.

9. Re: Hotel recommendation please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 05:15