We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moma Cherrie?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moma Cherrie?

Hi guys

Passed M.C. a couple of days ago and I wondered what the food was like these days?

I went once when it was in the smaller building (before Ramsey) and had a really nice meal - will it be better or worse now it's famous?

Thanks

Stoofer

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moma Cherrie?

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares visiting Momma Cherri's is on tonight (Tues) 9pm Channel 4.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moma Cherrie?

Thanks Bobelinks

I'll not sure I'll be able to see that program, I'll try, in any event I'd prefer some customer feedback. Whilst I'm a fan and admirer of Ramsay, I'm not 100% sure about his production company as a few of those programs seem rather 'set up'. IMO

Nothing like personal experience IMO.

Anyone been to M.C. lately?

Stoofer

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moma Cherrie?

I have no gripes with the place as i havent tried it (yet!) tho thats not for the lack of trying!! they NEVER answer the phone when i've tried to book, and its impossible to book in person .

However, good friends of mine have been and they thought it was (to abbreviate) 'kin load of 5hite!!

However, in order to balance the point, perhaps have a look at the reviews on the link below....(you'll have to scroll down a long long way to find a good review!)

http://www.brighton-eating.com/384.htm

Seems my friends were not alone with their dispeasure! And there are many recent reviews since she moved into the new larger premises along the road (as was - the old Choys chinese restaurant)

I have no particular yearning to try this place, when there are just SO many very good places to eat elsewhere in Brighton.

Remember the old saying...."Dont believe the hype"!!!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Moma Cherrie?

Hi Bojangles

I agree Brighton is a fab food destination with so many choices.

However I actually had a really, really nice meal there in their old premises but the service was a bit poor and it wasn't the sort of environment i enjoy. . I thought Ramsay was there to instuct on better business practice/customer service, and maybe it would now be a great venue..

It's a bit worrying if they are 'sailing along' on hype from a t.v. show,

I didn't realise it was difficult to book - wow! Can they really be that busy serving bad food though??????????? Seems odd.

Someone has taped the Kitchen Nightmares program for me, but

maybe someone here can comment in detail about a recent meal in M.C.'s?

Stoofer

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moma Cherrie?

GR was very scathing about the way standards had dropped. Whether the reworking at the second time of asking made any difference, I don't know

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Moma Cherrie?

I still haven't seen that pinpot. Was it a recent re-visit , or from last year?

Stoofer

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moma Cherrie?

it was a revist show, 2 yrs on, read all about it and how GR says standards have dropped.

channel4.com/money/…momma_advice.html

plus you can also watch the show again by download (for 99p) from C4.

http://www.channel4.com/4od/whatson.html

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Moma Cherrie?

Thanks Bojangles

The Brighton Eating reviews are some of the worst i've seen.

I guess the owners have relaxed and decided to live of the Ramsay name, I also guess that gives them about a year before they become empty again.

What shame, perhaps someone should buy a few recipes off her.

I think I'll pass on trying to book.

Regards

Stoofer

9. Re: Moma Cherrie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 08:16