We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rye England to Paris help

Chicago
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rye England to Paris help

My boyfriend and I are going to a festival in Camber Sands, near Rye in May. We have 4 days left in the trip before we have to head back, and wanted to go to Paris for a couple of days. We are having a really hard time figuring out the best way (also cheapest) way to get from that area to paris and then back to London for our flight back to the States. Any suggestions of where we should leave out of -- It looks like Ashford is the closest? - and if we should go be train or plane. We have from Monday May 12 and we have to be back in London on Thursday afternoon for our flight out of Heathrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mary

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rye England to Paris help

Ashford would be the nearest stop for the Eurostar to Paris but not many trains stop there. See www.eurostar.com for times and fares.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rye England to Paris help

Ashford is so close its probably best to catch the train from there to Paris.

Coming back, well do you need to come back ?

Could you just fly Paris - Chicago direct ?

If not the simplest travel would be to fly from Paris into Heathrow. British Airways are currently showing this as 70 euros which to me is a no-brainer, the train might cost less but you'd have to change at least once. I say this never having travelled from Paris centre to the airport ! It may be worse than the journey to Heathrow, you'd better check that.

romford
Level Contributor
438 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rye England to Paris help

theres an airport near camber called lydd . it does flights to france but not sure what part . maybe worth looking it up

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rye England to Paris help

Just for future reference from Rye you can get a train to Ashford where Eurostar departs from, simple as that.

5. Re: Rye England to Paris help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 12:19