We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I take a 100-year-old for a grand afternoon tea?

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I take a 100-year-old for a grand afternoon tea?

My grandmother has just turned 100 and I want to take her out for a memorable afternoon tea. She lives in South Woodford and is not keen on going into Central London. She would like to go somewhere slightly more rural like Epping, Loughton or maybe Ongar (but no further). But I can't find anywhere grand/ posh for the occasion. Can anyone suggest anywhere - maybe a country house hotel? - but not too far for her to travel? Thanks!

Loughton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Where can I take a 100-year-old for a grand afternoon tea?

congratulations to your Gran,

I would recommend Marriott Hotel in waltham abbey where they do a few different kinds of afternoon tea.

i think prices are quite reasonable but you might want to check first.

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where can I take a 100-year-old for a grand afternoon tea?

Many thanks for all the suggestions! Packfords in Woodford Green, Mulberry House in Ongar and Marygreen Manor all look like definite possibilities, will look into them further.

13. Re: Where can I take a 100-year-old for a grand afternoon tea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 10:15