We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cotswolds 88 Hotel

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
Cotswolds 88 Hotel

this hotel opened a few months ago. The website is highly annoying and doesn't really give any information about the rooms, grounds etc. It has featured in The Times, but no detail again. Anyone been there? Review please.

cheltenham united...
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

The Cotswolds88 is located in the centre of Painswick village with great views - it used to be The Painswick Hotel but has recently been refurbed this spring. Not been since the refurb but the intentions where for luxury/boutique style.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

Thanks. Is the hotel set in its own grounds or is it on the high street? The website really is rubbish - gives virtually no information and pictures flash at the bottom of the screen but they are just arty pictures of a fork at a jaunty angle and napkins neatly arranged - that kind of thing.

cheltenham united...
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

Painswick is a small cotswold town, so its not on the main high street but is surrounded by other houses. The hotel has its own grounds and separate parking. Again, I'm not sure what its like now its been refurbed but the ideas they bounced around when they took it over sounded great.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

thank you so much. i have now talked direct with hotel and they confirmed the idea of puting few pictures on the website was to create intrigue. it's worked because i've booked it now!

London
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

This is an awful hotel - stayed there the night of my wedding. The staff couldn't have been more inept - they couldn't even bring us coffee in bed the next morning, let alone food. the champagne that our friends had brought for us was just left warm in our room. the owner is the most pretentious women you've ever met, who sat through our entire breakfast telling us about how rock n'roll the place was, but that admonished us for coming home past 11pm when the front door closed, on our wedding night!

my bride's family also all ate there for dinner the night before the wedding, and paid for their food before leaving. the next day they said they hadn't paid and so we paid for the dinner too - so they double charged us for that!

really small dingy little rooms, with furniture sourced from the nearest argos and ikea - and all of this for 300 quid a night!

avoid Cotswold 88 at all costs - the next night we stayed nearby in cowley manor, and the experience couldn't have been starker - a wonderful hotel with excellent service, food, a lovely indoor and outdoor pool etc

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
6. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

thanks for the info. will reconsider options - some reviewers have been very harsh about Cowley Manor but will reconsider them also.

7. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2008, 18:36
Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

thanks for review. No dout TA will put it on the website soon and others will give their views.

9. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2008, 18:37
Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
109 reviews
10. Re: Cotswolds 88 Hotel

wish I'd booked it now!