We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th Anniversary Worthy Experience?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
50th Anniversary Worthy Experience?

My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary in the UK next year in London, Bath and the Cotswolds. We are looking for over the top memorable experiences to help mark the occassion. Any suggestions?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th Anniversary Worthy Experience?

Hi Doug

I'm not sure that any "over the top" experiences in the Cotswolds come to mind. If you can be a bit more specific and give us an idea of what your parents like, you will probably get more of a response.

I'm not too familiar with Bath, but there is a champagne bar in London, in the city (financial district), called Vertigo. You need to pre-book, you cannot just turn up. For the same price as a ticket on the London Eye, you can have a glass of champagne and catch some fabulous views over London. The seats looking out over Tower Bridge are the best IMO. They are only opened M-F and I think they book 30 minute seatings. Tthe service can be brusque at times, but you'll be hard pressed to beat the nighttime view.

2. Re: 50th Anniversary Worthy Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 December 2015, 10:08
3. Re: 50th Anniversary Worthy Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Cotswolds