We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

west midlands
Level Contributor
245 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

Please can anyone reccommend a good pub/hotel for Sunday lunch. Not too expensive, more traditional than gastro pub. Picturesque place to take foreign friends near to Broadway/Stow on the Wold.

thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

If you would be happy with steak & kidney pie, gammon & chips, lasagna & chips ect, then try the Snowshill Arms in Snowshill - very traditional pub with a traditional menu. They don't do a Sunday Roast. Pub isn't too far from Snowshill Lavender and the fields should be in full bloom near the end of the month. They also have a nice little tea room at Snowshill Lavender.

Bakers Arms in Broad Campden might be another option.

Hob Nails in Toddington does a carvery.

Unfortunately, the really good places for Sunday lunch - Eight Bells, Horse & Groom, Howard Arms - all charge a fairly hefty wack.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 15:05
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

I would highly recommend the Bay Tree Hotel in Burford - I have had Sunday lunch here a number of times and it has never disappointed. They have 3 courses of excellent food for £15.95 per person.

cotswold-inns-hotels.co.uk/bay_tree/sunday_l…

If you want to check out the menu, I'd recommend booking.

cheltenham united...
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

The Plough Inn at Ford is on the B4077 out of Stow and is fantastic, local produce.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

One of my favorite Cotswold towns is Bourton-on-the-Water. Not sure about the names of places there, but a lovely atmosphere.

Close to Stow on the Wold of course.

Cotswolds UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

Diz is right Snowshill Lavender has closed it's (very nice) tea room and they now charge £2.50 to park and walk in the lavender feilds.Grr! They do look spectacular at this moment and can be easily seen from the road.

The Fox at Broadwell is a good pub near to Stow

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

That's such a shame about Snowshill Lavender! I have only been a handful of times, but it was a great little tea room.

Thanks Oldertraveller.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

The Maytime Inn at Asthall, about 5 miles east of Burford, never fails to impress. The Yorkshire puddings are probably the best I've ever had.

9. Re: Sunday Lunch in the Cotswolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:16