We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations for family of 4

California
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations for family of 4

I've been looking through the Trip Advisor ratings for hotels and B&B's, but can't seem to find much in the way of a room big enough for a family of 4 to share. Does anyone know of a good place that could accommodate us, or will I just have to look for an apartment?

Thanks,

rfarr

california
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Hi rfarr,

I am also from california planning a trip to england for my family of four. This has been the most difficult part of planning; finding a room for all of us especially with older kids. We ended up renting a cottage through our time share. I would definitely consider finding a self catering cottage or apartment, that way you can start out the day with a quick breakfast and hit the road for sight seeing.

California
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Thanks Vintagemum, I am looking at some apartments and there seem to be some good options.

RFarr

Upton St Leonards...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Check out www.littlecourtcottages.co.uk.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

We've used these guys before for accommodation for the family - a cottage is a good option for 4 in the Cotswolds.

jigsawholidays.co.uk/cotswold-cottages/cotsw…

Let me know if you want more recommendations :)

California
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Thanks, those look great.

Birmingham
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Hi.

You don't say how long you are visiting for? Many cottages during peak time only do weeks in full. We have found Broadway always very beautiful with good connections to Birmingham airport and easy access to many other site seeing villages, Morton, Bourton, Chipping Campden and of course Stratford Upon Avon is a must!

We have found the lady who runs broadwaycottages.com flexible on dates and times of arrival in the past and if she can't help she will always point you in the right direction to someone who can.

Have a great trip!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

Any opinions on Broadland Guest house? They have a family room - the two twins are upstairs from the big bed for the parents. I found them right here on TA.

http://www.broadlands-guest-house.co.uk/

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

I haven't stayed at Broadlands, sorry, but the reviews look really good :)

england
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

We stayed recently at Barcelo Park Cheltenham. It has a very good room rate for b&B until the end of June. Wouldn't recommend at weekends as its noisy with wedding parties but midweek would be fine. The children would enjoy the swimming pool.

barcelo-hotels.co.uk/hotels/…17747

We had a room with 6 foot bed, settee, table with 2 chairs and a put up bed for our child. Not sure what they'd do for the second child, maybe a second fold up bed? However depending on the age of the children you might want interconnecting rooms and pay for 2.

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodations for family of 4

I'd also recommend self catering. Try sites like this one: holidaylettings.co.uk/central-england-cotswo…

Where exactly are looking to stay? The Cotswolds cover a big area! I'd recommend somewhere near Chipping Campden, or the Oxfordshire Cotswolds around Chipping Norton. Or there's the favourites like Stow, Boughton on the Water and Burford.