We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

London
Level Contributor
374 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

Hi,

I'm staying at Cotswold House in July for my husband's 30th birthday, which falls on a Sunday. Unfortunately I realised after booking that their fine dining restaurant isn't open on a Sunday...so we'll have to head out for a meal that night. At the moment I'm considering the restaurant at Lower Slaughter Manor or the restaurant at Lords of the Manor, both in Lower Slaughter. Great food is obviously very important, but setting and service are important too - can anyone help with which would be better, or recommend a different fine dining restaurant not more than half an hour away from Chipping Campden (or preferably less!).

Thanks very much,

Debbie

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

Lower Slaughter Manor is a more grand affair, but I would say the food is similar at both. Look at the menus on the websites to see which you like the sound of the most!

http://www.lordsofthemanor.com/food.htm

www.lowerslaughter.co.uk/fine_dining.asp…

2. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 October 2011, 07:30
The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

'I wouldn't have thought "Raymond Blanc's Gaff" was much of a contentender as it's more than an hours drive from Chipping Campden.....? Have you considered Buckland Manor www.bucklandmanor.co.uk - you'd probably be there within 20 minutes tops....

Can't comment on the Slaughter's as I haven't eaten there - and unfortunately havent been invited to Noel Edmond's forthcoming wedding there either ...!

4. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 October 2011, 07:30
The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

.... I was responding to Debbie's specific request for somewhere "not more than half anhour away from Chipping Campden (or preferably less!)...

.. and I still would recommend Buckland Manor.

London
Level Contributor
374 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your opinions.

In the end I've decided to re-jig the weekend slightly and have booked lunch at Le Manoir, and as my husband's family live in Oxford, we'll go and see them in the afternoon, meaning it's not too much of a detour after all.

It's a bit of a trip, but I've decided it's a special occasion so I'll go for it!

Thanks again for all of your help.

Debbie x

7. Re: Restaurant at Lords of the Manor or Lower Slaughter Manor?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 07:36
Get answers to your questions about Cotswolds
Recent Conversations