We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from London

chicago, il
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip from London

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tour company that has a cotswolds day trip from london? there are so many out there, and i don't know what to choose. i want to get the most out of my time there.

thanks

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from London

Can you clarify... Is the trip from london on a day trip of the cotswolds.... Or from (say) Cheltenham, on a daytrip of the cotswolds?

chicago, il
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from London

from london to the cotswolds for the day

thanks!

The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from London

Personally, I would prefer staying in the Cotswolds & having a day trip to London !! ...

Otherwise, I would suggest you maybe decide which area of the Cotswolds you would like to visit specifically ? - The Cotswolds covers a large area, - far to big to cover on a daytrip, - weekend, - and even longer!

Have you considered taking the Paddington Line out of London yourself to Moreton in Marsh, - and making arrangements to be collected at the station by a private (cotswolds) taxi firm, many of which now offer Cotswold Tours, at around £25 per hour. - Most of the drivers are very local to the area and would be able to go to places, and know things that tour companies dont. - this also may be a cheaper option? - giving you a more personal tour of "the Cotswolds" at your own pace etc... - to give you an idea, the area covered from Moreton in Marsh could easily be Stow on the Wold, Lower & Upper Slaughter, Bourton on the Water, Snowshill, Broadway, Stanton, Stanway, Chipping Campden. - all are very typical beautiful Cotswolds villages.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from London

Hear hear! Taterpicker

You cannot do the cotswolds in a day.

Come and stop overnight, visit during the day.

Please please please all, give an Idea of your interests....It makes it a lot easier for us folk suggesting. How old are you (ish). hav u got kids, how old are they. What has the greatest appeal for all of you?

Cheers!

Have fun :)

5. Re: Day trip from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 05:21