We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not miss

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Do not miss

Hi

My wife and I will, in June, be on our way to a wedding in Gloucester and we have decided two spend two nights , mid week, en route in Broadway.

Unfortunately my wife uses a wheelchair so it slightly restricts what we can do but I just wondered if you can recommend anything we "must not miss" whilst in the area whether attractions , villages or whatever.

We are not keen on shopping but love scenery, pubs, tea rooms and good food etc etc ............. and of course sitting in the sun, people watching, with a glass of wine.

Any help advice gratefully received

L

Edited: 20 February 2010, 10:03
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not miss

Broadway has all of these but the parking in the village is scarce lets hope where you are staying has a few spaces otherwise you ll be walking miles!

Moreton in the marsh is a pleasant little place and the slaughters etc nearby

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not miss

Thanks for the info

We have a Blue Badge but I suppose June will be a very busy month..... just hope we might find one or two disabled bays.

L

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not miss

Not far from Broadway is "Dover's Hill," a panoramic viewpoint--be a nice place for a picnic as there's parking and the site is at least partially wheelchair accessible. (Its also the site of something called the "Olimpick Games," apparently set for June 4 this year!)

The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not miss

I wouldn't worry too much about parking, - there is a large car park set behind the High Street, - turn in off the Snowshill Road, beside the Church. I am pretty sure that access from the car park into the village also has wheelchair ramps, simply cross over the road and there is a small "presinct" type area with a few little shops set eitherside of a pathway which leads out onto the lovely high street. - There are many tea rooms, - and a good place to 'people watch' would be (weather permitting) sitting outside the Swan pub which is open all day for food & drinks.

There is also parking for blue badge holders available in specific bays cut into the grass verges along the High Street, - so you may be lucky & get a space there too maybe!

If you decide to drive around the area, - for good views I would recommend passing by Broadway Tower, (not wheelchair accessible unfortunately, - but still worth a drive by) - continue down the lane which passes the tower from the A44, and it leads through the lavender farm (snowshill-lavender.co.uk/cm/…lavenderfields) - possibly worth a visit too. The village of Snowshill has a lovely pub, and if the weather is good - the garden has lovely views over fields.

5. Re: Do not miss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 07:16