We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Log cabin rentals

Island of Malta...
2 posts
Log cabin rentals

I would like some information about holiday parks in the cotswolds. We would like to rent a log cabin for around five days? Any suggestions? If we had to drive from heathrow airport haow long would it take? Please note that this is going to be our first experience in driving in the UK. I would also like some suggestions of holiday parks nearer to Heathrow airport preferably not near the sea.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,828 posts
235 reviews
1. Re: Log cabin rentals

You might try this site...

countrycottagesonline.net/project/search/hol…

But I don't think you'll find anything near Heathrow in the way of a log cabin.

Any particular reason you're stuck on getting a log cabin? The typical Cotswold rental would be a house made of the famous Cotswold stone. There are many available. Look on this site under Cotswolds, holiday rentals.

2. Re: Log cabin rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 19:04
Edited: 07 November 2015, 19:04
South Cerney...
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Log cabin rentals

There are a couple of holiday parks near our village in the Cotswold Water Park just south of Cirencester, both quite different. You can rent a 'New England style' lodge from www.watermarkclub.co.uk (click on 'holidays'). Beautiful setting on the lakes, and a good base to explore the area. There is also a site geared to families (with pool and organised activities) which has small wooden cabins, called Hoburne Cotswold. I think this one is only open for the summer season.

It usually takes me less than an hour and a half to drive from here to Heathrow.

Island of Malta...
2 posts
4. Re: Log cabin rentals

Thank you for your reply. I went into the Hoburne Cotswalds park website and liked it. Can you suggest some places of fun nearby for the kids who are 7 and 10?

South Cerney...
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: Log cabin rentals

There's a lake with a beach near to Hoburne - Cotswold Country Park and Beach - which is lovely for a day out. It has play areas, a safe swimming area and a cafe, or take a picnic. You can hire bikes or go for a walk in the Water Park - It's a huge area with over 100 lakes. Look on www.waterpark.org for more information.

We also enjoy the Butts Farm where the children can get close to the animals and you can buy fresh local produce. Try www.daysoutwiththekids.co.uk and put Cirencester in the town search for more ideas.

South Cerney...
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Log cabin rentals

There's a lake with a beach near to Hoburne - Cotswold Country Park and Beach - which is lovely for a day out. It has play areas, a safe swimming area and a cafe, or take a picnic. You can hire bikes or go for a walk in the Water Park - It's a huge area with over 100 lakes. Look on www.waterpark.org for more information.

We also enjoy the Butts Farm where the children can get close to the animals and you can buy fresh local produce. Try www.daysoutwiththekids.co.uk and put Cirencester in the town search for more ideas.

7. Re: Log cabin rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 09:03
Get answers to your questions about Cotswolds