We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do, Where to Go???

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What to do, Where to Go???

Hi There. Our family of four (two teenage boys aged 19 and 16) doing a quick trip to the UK. Top of my list is the Cotswolds but I dont know where to go or what to see, just know I want to see a beautiful English country town with cobble stone streets, beautiful gardens, villages etc. We arriving on 17 September and plan on leaving Cambridge late afternoon but we need to be in Bristol to fly to Paris for afternoon flight on the 20th Sept. Thats leaves us 3 days to get from Cambridge to Bristol. Which towns do you suggest we drop in to? What would be the top of your list? Any suggestions on where we should stay? Preferably one room for all of us. We are hiring a car. Many thanks for your advice. Fiona.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,236 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

Chipping Campden, Broadway, and for your garden, Hidcote Garden, just north of these two.

nationaltrust.org.uk/main/…w-hidcote.htm

west midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

hi chipping campden bourton on the water stow on the wold and burford the gardens at snowshill manor and the manor itself are stunning and only a couple of miles from chipping campden and broadway ther are loads of small villages in between have fun

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

Towns and villages to visit -

Upper and Lower Slaughter

Minster Lovell

Chipping Campden

Duntisbourne Abbots

Shilton

Bibury

Guiting Power

Snowshill

Get a good O.S map and link up these places by taking the unclassified minor roads in your car.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

All good suggestions, you could drive up the Romantic Road.

I would also spend little time in Bath as you are going to Bristol.

http://www.theopenroad.co.uk/static_216.htm

Edited: 10 March 2011, 01:15
Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

Thanks for your suggestions, am getting excited. Just wondering why you suggest I should spend little time in Bath as we are going to Bristol. Does Bristol have more to see than Bath?? Thanks in advance.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

I think 'a' was missed out, as in 'you should spend a little time in Bath' ;-) ie a visit to Bath is recommended.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

phew thanks for that I was planning on spending a day in Bath and just going to Bristol to fly out to Paris. Thanks for the link to for the Romantic Road - think I will follow your suggestion.

8. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 13:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

Well spotted Gillinganuk :) It is funny a missing "a" changes the whole meaning.

Fee068, You will enjoy a day at Bath.

Have a great time :)

10. Re: What to do, Where to Go???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 06:15