We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

California
Level Contributor
103 posts
best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

Hi everyone,

So there are plenty of lists of the best tea houses in London; can you recommend the top 3-4 choices in the Cotswolds? That might help us narrow down our choice of base villages:-) Our overall theme of our England trip is revolving around afternoon tea:-) Would love to keep that theme even in the countryside.

Thanks!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

This little shop is superb, based in Winchcombe:

http://www.juris-tearoom.co.uk/

Once there you can visit Sudeley Castle, Hailes Abbey, Stanway House & Fountain, Cotswold Farm Park.

Have a nice trip

Erik B

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
2. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

Huffkins in Burford

west midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

yes yes huffkins now also in stow on the wold

4. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2015, 17:38
Cheltenham...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

Badgers Hall, Chipping Campden

South Cerney...
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

The Swan in Bibury does a nice afternoon tea. It's a lovely village for a stroll.

Jack's on Blackjack Street in Cirencester is one of my favourites, and there's plenty to do in Ciren too.

TX
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

We very much enjoyed full afternoon tea at The Swan in Bibury and were amazed at the amount of food, just for two! It was a very good value in a lovely setting.

California
Level Contributor
103 posts
8. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

Great - thanks everyone for your feedback! Will help a lot in our trip planning!

The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
9. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

I "second" CotswoldJim's suggestions : Badgers Hall in Chipping Campden. - I guarantee if the door's open, you won't be able to walk pass! - The selection of home made cakes on offer are set out on a table to entice you in, - chocolaty, and oozing cream, - scrumptious scones! -- apparently they are very healthy for you!!!!! ?

Adding to the ambiance is the traditional building with an obvious age & history.

California
Level Contributor
103 posts
10. Re: best afternoon tea houses in Cotswolds?

Wow - so many great suggestions. I'm very excited! Just glanced at the site for The Swan - looks absolutely beautiful!! I'll have to look up the others too when I get home (i'm at work right now, and having way to much fun checking the postings:-))>

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Cotswolds