We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

if there is, is it any good? if there isn't, is there a good place to have lunch in or around bibury? thanks!!!

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

Don't think there is one in the farm as it is small, but there is a pub in the village.

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

I went to Bibury several years ago and, as far as I remember, the trout farm is IN the village. There are two restaurants there: links below.

http://www.catherinewheel-bibury.co.uk/

cotswold-inns-hotels.co.uk/property/the_swan…

Edited: 28 September 2011, 19:27
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

The swan will be the closest, just across the river......but I also think there is a coffee shop on the farm's premises.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

Coffee, ice cream and sandwiches are served at the Trout Farm. The Swan for everything else nearby.

Lakeside, Montana
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

You can get smoked trout as well as fresh there. AND fresh duck if yer quick nuff..

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

The Swan is lovely for afternoon tea.

singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

just got back so thought i would update this. Yes, there is a little eatery there with a tiny menu that includes soup, sandwich, croque monsiuer, baked trout. nothing fanciful and wouldn't rate it. There is only outdoor (but sheltered) seating so if it gets cold, may not be the best place to eat.

the farm turned out to be quite disappointing too. nothing much except poinds of trouts and some ducks following you about.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

Sorry I didn't see the post earlier.

Bibury Court Hotel is a reliable place to eat (lovely grounds too) and open to non residents.

Not cheap, but a safe choice.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the trout farm (can't say I've ever fancied visiting one).

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

I'm curious as to what one would EXPECT to see at a trout farm, if not ponds of trout and ducks?

10. Re: bibury trout farm - is there a restaurant in there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 05:16