We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a group

ct
Level Contributor
265 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for a group

I am looking for recommendations for hotels that would welcome a group of 20-25 people, mostly couples/ some singles in a town or village that has good shop and restaurants. This would be for a 3 night stay in May. We are trying to keep the price down somewhat so the finest places are out. Looking for a great atmosphere and service. I think Chipping Campden would be the type of town that would work for this group.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a group

You could consider the The Lamb Inn at Great Ressington, though you would virtually take over the place. The other option would be to split the group at Bourton on the Water as you may not get one place with 12/15 rooms

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a group

If you're wanting to keep the price down and stay all together, there is a youth hostel in Stow-on-the-Wold:

http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/stow-wold

The hostels are open to everyone, not just young people - it's worth browsing the website.

ct
Level Contributor
265 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for a group

This isn't a hostel crowd. I am looking for a 3* or equivalent in a village like Broadway, chipping Campden or similar. Around 100-150 Gbp would be ok.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for a group

Hopefully you will not be trying to do this during a Bank Holiday weekend.

You might also consider the Dormy House, which has a half board option, and a large free parking lot. It is about equal distance from both Broadway and Chipping Campden, and if you enjoy walking, there are good walks to both towns from the hotel.

It is large enough for a group your size---some of the rooms in the Danish quarter have private patios, which are very nice for relaxing with a bottle of wine before dinner.

http://dormyhouse.co.uk/

ct
Level Contributor
265 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for a group

Looks lovely, but . . . . . we will be traveling by small coach and prefer to be actually in a village or town in order to walk out to visit shops and cafes without having to organize transportation each time. We will have activities organized lots of the time, but when we don't we want to be able to be actually in a village or town.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for a group

I hope you have all your parking planned out for this small coach. These are not large towns with parking lots. They are towns with one main street where it is challenging to park one car, let alone a coach.

If you have hired a coach driver, I am surprised that this person is not not affiliated with a group that would arrange lodgings.

Maybe I am not correctly understanding your arrangements.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 03:36
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for a group

A small coach for up to about 30 people will be a similar size to a large van, so should fit through most towns OK (it is the ones with more than 33 seats that you have to worry about !).

Most small UK coach companies are not in a position to organise accomodation for their customers (or if they do will expect to be paid extra for their trouble). I would suggest that as the OP is trying to keep costs down, she better off sorting it herself as at least she will know what she is getting.

KATHY - have you included a room for the driver in your total ?

Phil-the-Bus

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for a group

If you want Chipping Campden itself, Cotswold House and Noel Arms are the only hotels I can think of that would be big enough - they are 'sister hotels' apparently.

There are indeed traffic restrictions, including a one-way system for coaches on roads around Chipping Campden - you would have to check with your driver how your transport would be classified:

www.chippingcampden.co.uk/contentok.php…

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for a group

I have a very difficult time understanding how 30 people with luggage and a driver fit into something called "a van."

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for a group

A number of 30 seat coaches are built on the same chasis as a large van. You either put a coach or bus body on them or a van body on them.