We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Broadway

Level Contributor
1,433 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Broadway

Hi all,

My sister, myself and a daughter each ( in their 20s' ) are spending 5 days in the Cotswolds. We've found a lovely self contained cottage in Broadway ( see my other post about whether the website we're booking through is legit!! ) and will have a car so planning to do day trips.

One day we'll head up to see Warwick Castle, Stratford Upon Avon but haven't really checked out a round trip route for that day yet.

Another day I was thinking of driving from Broadway to Stow-on-the-Wold, Burton on the Water, Northleach, Burford, Witney, Bladon, Woodstock ( Blenheim Palace ), Chipping Norton, Moreton in Marsh and back to Broadway.

On google maps this is a 2 hour 5 min drive so my question is.... is this a doable day trip?? Stopping for a few photos and look around most of the places we pass through as the whim takes us but I guess spending a few hours at Blenheim Palace.

We'll probably make it a full day.... say 8am to 5pm.

What do you think???

Lunch in the Cotswolds from London
407 Reviews
from US$125.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Oxford, Cotswolds...
89 Reviews
from US$197.90*
Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon and...
29 Reviews
from US$68.30*
Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim...
74 Reviews
from US$116.80*
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Broadway

Yes it is perfectly do-able, I doubt if you would want to stop at every town or village on the way. Chipping Norton and Moreton in the Marsh aren't that photogenic, in my opinion.

Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Broadway

I agree.

Snowshill, Guiting Power and Upper and Lower Slaughter are far more photogenic and along the same route as your journey.

Level Contributor
1,433 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Broadway

Thanks... Sometimes the times on Google maps aren't reflective of actual driving times... Will check out other towns you suggested.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Broadway

You'll need a full day just for Blenheim palace.

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
998 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Broadway

Take a look at

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,418 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Broadway

You might check out Hidcote Gardens, much closer to Broadway.

7. Re: Day trip from Broadway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor