We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Boston
Level Contributor
272 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

I am traveling to Bath mid April and would love to take a day or two in the Cotswalds. I will have a car. What are some must see places and things to do?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Castle Combe is striking. You may want to have tea at the Hotel. We visited Lacock on a very grey and drizzly day, so it did not knock our socks off. We did spent five nights in the Cotswolds, basing in Chipping Campden and hitting all of the above named villages and more. I suggest that you Google Cotswolder for nice write-ups of some of the more popular villages.

Hen, some people are lousy spellers. I am one of them. Not for the lack of research.

Bega
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Hi not sure wht henneth's problem was - bad hair day ???

We've been to cotswalds twice. Stayed at Bourton on the water Trip # 1 and Burford Trip # 2. The whole region is great and recommended. Loved the slaughters.

13. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 December 2015, 21:02
Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

With a base in Bath you would best explore the southern parts of the Cotswolds rather than some of the locations mentioned which are in the North. To compliment Roman Bath, the furthest north I would travel is to Cirencester (roman town originally called Corinium). This is one of the largest towns in the Cotswolds, and has a large church, market square, and Roman antiquities including an ancient Amphitheatre. Be aware, however, that is is really just a huge grassy mound / bank - nothing like the Colluseum! South Cotswold towns worth a visit include Malmesbury with its Abbey, and if you are after a castle try Berkeley Castle - this is a big one and open to the public! If you fancy trying to spot a royal, try Tetbury (Prince Charles lives nearby) and chance your luck in "The Snooty Fox", a pub / restuarant on the market street where Prince Harry has been known to frequent!

Boston
Level Contributor
272 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Great thanks so much for the info! I've been looking at maps to see the driving distance to some of the places mentioned so I can plan accordingly. They all sound like great suggestions!

16. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 18:47
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

As you will have a car then getting to Stow on the Wold should take about an hour and a half.

Not that long really is it

Head out of Bath on A433 to Cirencester then pick up the A429

Use the A429 as a reference

Must sees in the area

Using A44

Chipping Norton

Broadway and Broadway tower

Snowshill?

Bourton on the Water

Upper and Lower Slaughter

If you study the map you can work out a route

and drive around these villages in a few hours and get a great snapshot of the Cotswolds

Not necessarily a " must see" but if you find yourself near Moreton in Marsh (A429 again)

www.hunimex.com/warwick/four_shire_stone.html

Don't worry

most of those who pull you up for spelling couldn't spell Mississippi

LOL

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

I thought it was Missy Sippy

19. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Removed on: 10 December 2015, 21:03
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Must see places and things to do in The Cotswalds

Hi Diz

The A44 and the A429 are good roads to use as the main access to various places

Chipping Norton, Chipping Campden and Broadway are close to the A44

Likewise the A429 is a good entry route from Bath into Stow and M-in -M from where you can pick up the A44 and turn left or right. taking you to Chipping Norton,(not a must see in my book but each to their own) or turning the other way for Chipping Campden , Broadway and Snowshill.

Of course there are lots of minor roads linking places but I was offering these two main roads as a reference point for our OP, who may not have intimate knowledge of the by-ways.