We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Help!

Hi can anyone help me please, I have Japanese friends aged 58 coming to visit in June, never been to UK before, one of the things on their to do list just says Cotswolds. Any suggestions would be very welcome as I don't have a clue where to start as there are so many beautiful places I could take them too. I think they will want 2 days and one night and this can be enroute to the London visit. I do so want them to have a great time and am anxious not to miss anything but 2 days???

Thanks - Maureen

1. Re: Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 December 2015, 22:12
England
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

Thanks very much for that, you have a good point about their expectations and I hadn't thought of that. They are actually staying with me in Derbyshire but I will get onto them and investigate as to what they have seen. I have got to work out a similar plan for the lakes and London!! So your comment was helpful, many thanks

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!

Stick to North Cotswolds and think about Motorway Access! Stratford on Avon is just off the M40, from there you can had to the towns of Chipping Camden, Moreton in the Marsh, and Broadway. I think they would appreciate Stratford as well as the Cotswolds

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!

2 days and one night in the Cotswolds. They aren't your archetypal Japanese tourists then. Their coach trips would take in most of the UK and Europe in that time :-)

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!

You could come up the M4 from Heathrow, turn right for Cirencester and start there. It's a decent sized town (think Ashbourne, maybe a bit bigger if you're Derbyshire based) with accommodation galore in local pubs etc. Then you are en route to somewhere like Bibury, Burford, Fairford, Lechlade, via Oxford if they wanted to take that in too.

Likewise, you could head over to Cheltenham and get on the M5 up north.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!

If you're thinking of the north Cotswolds, Burford is beautiful and quite a big village. I also recommend a pub The Castle - and it is a small castle - at Edge Hill - Civil War battle site - right on the very edge of the north Cotswold escarpment between Stratford and Banbury - with wonderful views over the vale towards Stratford

7. Re: Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:16