We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Traveller visiting Coswolds over 3-Day Long Weekend

Melbourne...
2 posts
Save Topic
Single Traveller visiting Coswolds over 3-Day Long Weekend

Hello all,

Want to do a visit specifically to the Cotswolds perhaps over a weekend (2-Days) or long weekend (3-Days).

Hope you guys can help me with the following:

Transport:

* Is it quite easy to get there from Central London?

* Should I take the train or the bus?

* Is there connecting bus services within or around the Cotswolds itself

Attractions:

* What shouldn't I leave off the visit to the Cotswolds?

* Any good affordable BnBs or Inns that you recommend?

Thanks

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
942 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Traveller visiting Coswolds over 3-Day Long Weekend

You can get a direct train from London to some towns in the Cotswolds (Moreton-in-Marsh, Bath) and there are local buses within the area, although they are not always frequent or direct, and most do not run on Sundays. Some useful public transport information is here: www.escapetothecotswolds.org.uk/visitor-info/

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Traveller visiting Coswolds over 3-Day Long Weekend

Consider a walking holiday. Moreton in the marsh, Stow on the Wold and Bourton on the water are all close together and pretty picturesque. If you got train to Moreton, you could walk, but or taxi around very cheaply. Alternatively, consider Stroud for train (direct from London) and head out from there. Stroud is quite large and you could get taxis to hotels, etc. with plenty of picturesque walks / villages all around.

3. Re: Single Traveller visiting Coswolds over 3-Day Long Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 06:16