We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seek some guidance

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seek some guidance

Hi, we are a family of four (2 Adults, 2 Kids) and plan to visit UK in July 2013. We intend to travel from London to Edinburg and on our way stopover at Cotsworld for 2 days. Wanted some advice as to the best mode of travel to cover Cotsworld and from there get to Edinburgh. Gerard

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seek some guidance

Car. Cotswolds is rural England. Buses exits but only limited, sort of getting to school, college, shopping occasionally. Trains go to a bit, but I guess you want to tour, see the tourist highlights.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seek some guidance

Consider train - from London you can get the train to Moreton in the Marsh (or Cheltenham) and then you can get a train to Edinburgh.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seek some guidance

I think the first point I would make is that The Cotswolds isn't really much, if any, nearer to Edinburgh than London. In fact, there's a great train service London-Edinburgh, so if you prefer to travel by train I would separate the two trips. Visiting the Cotswolds without use of a car is pretty limited, you can't really get around on public transport without wasting a lot of time.

4. Re: Seek some guidance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:17