We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best villages to see?

Wrotham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best villages to see?

My husband and I are spending three days in the Cotswolds for valentines day this year and we want to spend one day driving around seeing the most picturesque villages. We are staying in Cheltenham - what are the most quintessential, beautiful Cotswolds villages to see in this area? We'd love to find some places with lovely cream teas and funky little shops etc. thanks.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,941 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best villages to see?

one day you could go north east...Winchcombe, Broadway, Chipping Campden

then east for Bibury, Burford,, Mister Lovell

they are all lovely towns

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best villages to see?

It may be a cliche but there are two circular routes for the "Romantic Road" that are based round Cheltenham:

visitcheltenham.com/explore-the-area/the-rom…

and

cheltenham.gov.uk/tourism/…the_romantic_road

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best villages to see?

Shilton, Guiting Power, Snowshill, Minster Lovell, Broad Campden, Uley, Eastleach, Minchinhampton........

Pop over to Google images and feed these names in and see what you think.

Wrotham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best villages to see?

Oh that's great! I think we will do that. Thanks!

5. Re: Best villages to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18