We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

I've been reading as much as I can about the Cotswolds. My husband and I are taking a 27 night cruise to Dover and renting a car in Dover on May 3, 2014. After our 5 night mini-vacation we're returning the car to Gatwick (and spending the night) and flying to Istanbul. For those 5 nights we're thinking about staying in Chipping Camden or maybe Burford (suggested by a British friend) for 5 nights and making that the hub for trips to Stratford, Stonehenge (or other lesser known), etc. I'm looking for suggestions about towns to stay in, hotels/B&Bs in those towns, and sights to absolutely not miss. We're willing to spend some extra money to stay in a really nice place. It's our 53rd anniversary. We are still quite mobile and plan on doing some walking/hiking. We like good food, good wine, beautiful scenery, interesting history, nice people and we expect we can find all that in the Cotswolds area (with some helpful suggestions from the folks here!). We've been to London several times before so don't want to spend any time there (other than Greenwich because my husband has always wanted to see that and never had the time before). I know I'm kind of rambling but I was trying to let you all know what we are interested in.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 21:12
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

You asked almost the same question on 31st October 2013 and received numerous replies without any response from yourself. I suggest going back and looking at those.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

Sorry! I guess I forgot, it has been a while. I'll go back and look.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

If I may suggest it, by clicking on the 'report inappropriate content' link you should be able to shut down this thread so that replies can only possibly be made to the thread started in 2013. That should make for less confusion.

4. Re: nicest places to stay in Cotswolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22