We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best village for overnight

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best village for overnight

My daughter and I are traveling to the Cotswolds in July and are wondering which would be the best village to spend the night in. We are considering Chipping Campden, Broadway, Moreton-in-Marsh, Bourton-on-the-Water and Burford. I’ve read that Bourton-on-the-Water is very crowded, especially during the summer, but it is less so in the evening. I am wondering if it would be better to spend the night there and arrive after the crowds have left for the night. Or would one of the others (0r one we haven’t considered) be a better choice. We are heading to Oxford when we leave the Cotswolds and we will have a car.

Mentioned in this post
Chipping Campden
Chipping Campden
Cotswolds, UK
Broadway
Broadway
Cotswolds, UK
Moreton-in-Marsh
Moreton-in-Marsh
Cotswolds, UK
Burford
Burford
Cotswolds, UK
Lunch in the Cotswolds from London
410 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim...
74 Reviews
from US$116.90*
Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon and...
33 Reviews
from US$68.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Oxford, Cotswolds...
90 Reviews
from US$206.70*
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best village for overnight

Best being in the eye of the beholder, we liked Chipping Campden best. Honestly, I doubt it matters much where you spend one night.

Mentioned in this post
Chipping Campden
Chipping Campden
Cotswolds, UK
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,359 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best village for overnight

Quiet place near Burford is Minster Lovell...give it a try if you have a car...there is only one hotel in the village, and one pub...

www.cotswoldswebsite.com/minster-lovell.htm

Edited: 09 March 2014, 18:17
Mentioned in this post
Burford
Burford
Cotswolds, UK
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best village for overnight

My choice would be broadway , simply because it has nice restaurants / pubs and shops it is very scenic and best of all it's only a ten minute drive to Chipping Campden and approx 20 min drive to stow on the wold ,bourton on the water , moreton in marsh if you have a little free time to visit them , also 2. Miles from Broadway or 5 min drive is Snowshill .... Stunning little place. !!!

Edited: 10 March 2014, 14:41
Mentioned in this post
Chipping Campden
Chipping Campden
Cotswolds, UK
Broadway
Broadway
Cotswolds, UK
Snowshill
Snowshill
Cotswolds, UK
4. Re: Best village for overnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:18