We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old manse hotel bourton on the water

Which Bourton-on-the-Water hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
old manse hotel bourton on the water

I have booked one night here for end of October but just read the reviews for this hotel and they are bad.Doesnt anyone have anything positive to say about this place or should I rethink my booking?

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: old manse hotel bourton on the water

We are going to Cotswolds next week and was thinking of going here for a meal - so comments greatly appraciated - if I don't get any I will go anyway and see what it's like and post when I get back to let you know.

U.K.
Level Contributor
74 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: old manse hotel bourton on the water

Hello,

Stayed in Bourton on the Water this past Bank Holiday weekend for three nights.You may be aware that some businesses were affected by the recent flooding.One of the pubs/hotel is out of action for some time.We stayed at the Chester House Hotel which was slightly affected but is fully open.However it does have a building close to the river which during the day is a cafe and at nightime changes to restaurant which is closed.Diners booked here as we were dined in the hotel.

As for The Old Manse, we dined here on one of the 3 nights in the restaurant and by far it was the worst of the 3 meals.There is a place set between The Manse and The Mad Hatter tea rooms where we dined on one night.This was excellent. The name escapes me at the moment but it is worth a look. You might also take a look at the The New Inn on the opposite side of the road going out of Bourton towards the Bird Sanctuary.

Hope this is of some help.

AuroraUK

3. Re: old manse hotel bourton on the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Bourton-on-the-Water