We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

I recently tried to book accommodation at Holy House (Bourton on the Water) and would have loved to stay at this place with all the good reviews but when trying to book was advised by e-mail from Jayne (the owner) that this B & B only takes bookings for a minimum of 3 nights in September. I did check both trip advisor and their official web site with no mention of this. Does anyone know of other B & B's in the area that have minimum stay polices in September.

With all the great reviews it seems that no one has mentioned this and when travelling around the country by car from overseas a one night stay would have been great.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 22:02
1. Re: Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 12:59
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

Hi Diz Unfortunately I don't have that much time with a total of three weeks to see Wales and Scotland. This was a good starting point to see a little of the area on the way through.

I have now booked accomodation in town with another B&B that does not mind the short stay. I thought June - August was premium times and September was your shoulder season.

Yes I thought about just taking a chance but as it is our first night might be a bit risky. It was just interesting to see there was no mention on either Trip Advisor or the B&B's web site re minimum bookings that's all

3. Re: Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 22:19
Edited: 16 January 2014, 22:19
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

As I mentioned I have already booked right in town with parking and only a minutes walk to the Model village

5. Re: Minimum stay in the Cotswolds

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Bourton-on-the-Water