We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Which Bourton-on-the-Water hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tokyo
Level Contributor
80 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

hi! the B&B i booked says they cannot hold our luggage after 10am check-out. however, we would love to stay in the village until the afternoon before moving onto cheltenham by public bus. does anyone know a solution for us???

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Depends how desperate you are. You could book an additional nights accomodation at your B&B and leave your luggage there.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

It may be worth booking lunch in a local pub/hotel and saying very nicely that could they look after your bags for an hour or two so you can attend? They'll probably say no, but it'll only take a phone call to find out.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Have you paid for your B&B? If not, I'd send them a polite email saying you will regretfully have to pull out, and find another B&B that will look after your cases for a few hours. And maybe that will help them change their minds?

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

I'm with Jo on this one. If a B&B can't hang onto luggage for a couple of hours to allow their guests a little un -encumbered time to wander around the village, then the owners know nothing about hospitality and maybe shouldn't be in that line of business.

I certainly wouldn't give them my business and even if I did, I wouldn't offer to pay any more for what is really renting a bit of floor space for my luggage.

Despite the unhelpful attitude of the proprietors I hope the OP has a wonderful trip to the UK and experiences more helpful and gracious hospitality whilst here.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

It could be that the B&B proprietors have an appointment away from the village and would not be there when the OP came back for their luggage. It is important to remember that B&B's are not hotels - you are staying in people's own houses and they do have their own personal lives to lead as well.

Having said that, the advice from Joe is sensible.

P-t-B

Edited: 04 February 2014, 09:45
The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Why don't you contact the Tourist Information Office in Bourton on the Water to see if they know of anywhere ?

They have a contact link from: www.bourtoninfo.com/tourist-information/

I would also like to re-iterate what P-t-B has said, - I have friends who have B&Bs and I know their time is very precious during the day. Often they have to "juggle" running the B&B with other commitments in life which of course takes them away from the home. If you were to stay in a Hotel or Guest House/Pub providing B&B you would probably get a different answer.

tokyo
Level Contributor
80 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

thank you very much to all of you for your precious suggestions! i did inquire local TIC also and they just told me that the accommodation is the one and only possibility. so i am doing research again to change booking to either a hotel or a guesthouse. pity i would not have noticed this before arrangement! since the 2 B&B are resided by the owners, i would have imagined that keeping 2 bags for a few hours could not be a big deal...and the B&B in cirencester accepted it without problem...of course they have their life, but i was going to come and pick them up at the time of their regular check in so they would not be too bothered...well, with all the people around the world flocking to the cotswolds anyway, i suppose this is really a minor problem for them. thank you again (^^)/

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Indeed, as you say its their checkin time so people should be around anyway, it just sounds like an unhelpful B&b and who knows what your stay would be like, I'd be looking to move anyway.

p.s is there really only one B&B in this village?

Edited: 04 February 2014, 16:40
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

Some real nonsense posted here, many b&b owners are families and need to work as well, and have lives beyond the b&b and things.

They aren't hotels with permanent on call staff, its entirely reasonable and fair for them to refuse

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any left luggage in bourton on the water village centre??

They aren't hotels with permanent on call staff, its entirely reasonable and fair for them to refuse...

=====

.... to hold luggage until the OP comes back at the same time new people will be arriving so they will be there anyway?

..... to undertake the onerous task of putting two suitcases to one side?

If that's too much hard work to provide for your visitors, goodness knows how they manage to cook breakfast or change the beds.

Edited: 04 February 2014, 16:47
Get answers to your questions about Bourton-on-the-Water