We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

Greetings

One evening in June we hope to have dinner before

catching the train back to London at 6:30PM.

The problem is we will each have at least

one piece of 20" luggage. Can you

recommend a restaurant near the station that

would allow 4 of us with baggage?

Thank you.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

There's nothing at or near the station apart from a slightly rough looking but probably totally OK pub. Not sure if it does food or - just as important - what time it opens.

The nearest otherwise is a TGIF on Gloucester Road, 10 or 15 minutes walk from the station. (Leave the station on the side away from the booking office, turn left, walk parallel to the railway up to the traffic lights by the Shell garage, turn right and you are nearly there) They are open a day - I'm assuming they do food all day as well.

There's no left luggage at the station so it's a short taxi ride or drag your luggage. It's bussable - but with 4 a taxi will probably be cheaper.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

WELL that just wont do. I think we will have to preplan a picnic instead. Thank you

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

I will be passing the pub tomorrow - I'll check if it has any signs out and whether there's anything else in the area I've forgotten.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

The pub is open all day - but its kitchen is being refitted so the only food at the moment is baguettes.

However there is a Popeyes Restaurant opposite the station - it's a sort of fish and chip/burger/pizza type of place, mainly a takeaway but it has tables and is licensed which is usually a good sign. It opens at 430pm every evening except Sunday. Or so says the sign in the window.

There's also a chinese takeaway (no tables) and a coffee bar - probably closed at the time you want.

5. Re: Restaurant near Cheltenham Spa station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham