We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Lunch in Cheltenham

Which Cheltenham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Lunch in Cheltenham

I am planing a romantic weekend getaway for the beginning of december and am looking for the perfect place in Cheltenham for Sunday Lunch. I don't mind if its a resturant or a cosy pub, and I'm not that fussed about price either. What I want is a place that you can have a long roast lunch and a bottle of wine, any open fires or delicious desserts would be a bonus. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheltenham
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Lunch in Cheltenham

If lunch has to be in Cheltenham itself then the Petit Blanc restaurant isn't bad they have their standard menu, plus on Sundays they do the 'roast' thing . For exceptional food but with a slightly stuffy atmosphere you could try Champingon Sauvage (our Michelin Star eatery). If the cosy pub with open fire is more the type of thing you are after you will need to travel outside Cheltenham. If you want to be not far from the town you could go to The Green Dragon in Cowley - a lovely pub, two fires but the food is average. If really good food is key then you will have to travel further, perhaps the best option and my favourite is The Bell at Sapperton - you will need to book - the food is exceptional and is the only pub I know where you can park your horse! It is about 20min from Cheltenham and is nearer Cirencester than Cheltenham. Another similar pub is The Fox at Lower Oddington again near Cirecester, again great food or for my final reccomendation you could try The Churchill Arms in Paxford which is further out still and near Broadway but again great food. Perhaps you'll have to come back again to try them all!