We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Cheltenham

Any recommendations for a breakfast before the racing this Saturday? I was thinking of Cafe Rouge or the Slug & Lettuce. Anywhere else worth considering?

Thanks

christinaanne068
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

Hi

The only place I have been for breakfast in Cheltenham is Hotel du Vin which was great and if I remember correctly you can choose between a continental type breakfast (which my husband and I had and there was a massive choice from a buffet including pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc etc) or a traditional cooked breakfast. We paid £10 each for ours but not sure what the cooked option would be. We weren't staying in the hotel but were just in town early for shopping and fancied breakfast out for a change.

The other place where they do "brunch" from 10am - midday is Montpellier Wine Bar although I think during Race Week in March they do breakfast - not sure it will apply at other times.

Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

Thanks for that.

I have just noticed that our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, is not that central and as time will be short on Saturday I think I need somewhere closer to the hotel. After a quick search on the net I found Apres bar and Frankie & Bennies. Not sure what these two are like but hopefully they will be ok for breakfast!

Next question..... Chinese restaurant for the evening?

christinaanne068
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

Very sorry but I personally don't "do" Chinese so can't help you there. I do however, like Thai and the Thai Emerald in St George's Place is excellent.

Good luck at the races!

Cotswolds UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

Actually the Holiday Inn Express is only a few minutes from the centre of town and across the road from thr Brewery shopping mall which has several restaurants. Anyway I think you will find that the hotel includes a free breakfast buffet which I have always found excellant. The best chinese in the centre of town is the Mayflower. If you have transport the Ruby Cantonese in Suffolk road is also good and rather cheaper. You would probably need to book at either of these.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

red pepper, quality produce,food and service!!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

golden mountain

7. Re: Breakfast in Cheltenham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:16