We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Which Cheltenham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Hi,

I am looking for a twin room for two people for the Gold Cup meeting at Cheltenham this March. Its for 2 nights arriving on the 12th. Town centre would be great.....

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

11. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 20:35
Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Self promotion two years late! Reported

13. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 10:05
Edited: 04 March 2014, 10:05
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Hi - im looking for accommodation for 4 people for 3 nights starting on Wednesday 11th March. Walking distance to racecourse and town centre.

Thanks

Brian

UK
Level Contributor
327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

It's very late to book for Cheltenham. Many places are far out as us in Stratford have been full for months. The nearer Cheltenham you are the more they hike the prices. Maybe consider somewhere on the train line from Cheltenham. This will save on room cost and traffic nightmare.

UK
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Your chances of somewhere in Cheltenham at a reasonable prices are slim. You could try looking on AirBNB or contacting the tourist information office in Cheltenham as some people do rent out rooms in their private homes and tourist information may have a list.

Unfortunately you will probably end up staying out of town and needing to either drive or taxi in. If you need taxis you should prebook asap as they get fully booked at popular times too.

Alternatively you could look at staying somewhere on the train route as suggested above. There is a shuttle bus between the station and the course.

Good luck finding something, but Expect to pay a premium - supply and demand I'm afraid.

17. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 07:35
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Most hotels and b&b's will try to sell a package for a minimum of 4 nights at double or triple the rack rate. They often don,'t manage so you find the market is flooded with last minute availabilities few days before the start of the Races. Be brave and hold!

Cheltenham, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Hello Brian

I could be your hero here!.....I live in a quality 4 bedroom home in the village of Prestbury.....On race day it is probably quicker to walk to the course than to drive! I could accommodate 4 people within spare rooms as follows: 2 double bedrooms and one single bedroom, does that work?

I haven't hosted racegoers before but as long as you are decent people and respect my home, you will have my respect. Having lived in Cheltenham all my life, I find racegoers to be really good people and bring the place alive whilst having a great time, that's what it is all about. Happy to offer you bed and breakfast at a price of £60 per head, per night.

Let me know if you are interested and we can take it from there...........I'm a football and rugby man myself, so could use a few tips from people who know a thing or two about horses!!!

Kind regards

Mike

1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: B&B Accommodation Raceweek

Are you coming by car? I have twin bed room but in Newent off M50. Good back roads avoid main traffic roads...comfy, warm good home cooking can do dinner