We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

Eastbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

I'm looking to organise a stag-weekend on 14-16 March 2013. We'll be going to the Festival on Thursday 14th & Friday 15th and will be 10 30+ gents.

We are also looking for good bars and food in town in the evenings so relatively nearby accommodation is the aim.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thankyou.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

Top tip? Book your accomodation early!! The best places are often booked from one year to the next.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

As MrsDing says booking early is a must. We would book as soon as we arrived at our hotel for the Festival for the following year.

Its packed everywhere from bars to places to eat, stag parties are not welcome everywhere as ever though so I would stagger entry into any pubs.

At times its just a case of who/where you can fit in, but if you book places ahead of time....

3. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 19:06
England
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

Get booking now would be my advice as well, though I wouldn't even think about staying in Tewkesbury unless there is nothing available in Cheltenham, it will cost you a fortune in cabs if you intend to have a few beers

5. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 19:06
Cheltenham
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

if you prebook a minibus then it will not cost a lot. i organise trips from here all the toime!!

Any help required contact; liz coe on 07980 600 365

www.cheltenhamracingaccommodation.com

halesowen, west mids
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

There are plenty to eat at the festival during racing, fish and chips in the Guinness tent is nice, there is a pork baguette outside the first 2 years was nice expensive but nice last year I had food poisining from there so I won't be eating there again. There is a excellent pub which over looks the race course ain't sure of the name food is excellent and they have a Irish band on which play into the early hours. Enjoy the day.

8. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 16:05
9. Re: Stag weekend - Cheltenham Festival 2013.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 07:17