We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

Hello

I have a free day in Cardiff (a thursday) and am wondering about a day trip into the cotswolds, whether by train or bus.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

Further to my post above, I will be in Cardiff in mid October. I was thinking I could take the train from Cardiff to Cheltenham or another "gateway to the cotswolds" and join up with a half day tour or take a local bus into the countryside for lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

Further to the above post, I will be in Cardiff Oct. 11th so a quick reply would be very much appreciated. Thank you !!

Northleach, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

You could get the train into Cheltenham from Cardiff, it takes around 1hr 20 mins.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
cheltenham
Level Contributor
282 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

My favourite cotswold village is bourton on the water, it's a typical quaint Cotswold village. The nearest train station in moreton in marsh, and there are regular busses from there to bourton.

Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

Thank you very much for your reply. I've decided to take a tour of the Gower Penninsula but I will certainly keep Bourton on the water in mind as I do plan to visit the Cotswolds on my next trip to your wonderful country.

Mentioned in this post
Cotswolds
Cotswolds
England, UK
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

<<The nearest train station in moreton in marsh, and there are regular busses from there to bourton.>>

true - but you wouldnt go that way if you were starting in Cardiff - you'd get the train to Cheltenham and the just as regular bus (in fact the same service as from Moreton, mostly) from there to Bourton. The only (very mildly) inconvenient bit is getting from Cheltenham station into town.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
7. Re: day trip into cotswolds from cardiff or cheltenham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:19