We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving into Wales

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
893 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving into Wales

We will be hiring a car in Cheltenham and driving around the beautiful countryside of both England and Wales. I have not seen anywhere that there are any issues with taking a rental car across the border from England to Wales and then back again. We will return the car to Manchester before flying back to the US. Can anyone advise me if this could cause us any problems?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,586 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving into Wales

Not a problem driving into Wales and back to England. We did it in 2010 and lived to tell the tail. Also, no problem with signs since these are bilingual. Do check with AutoEurope (US broker, call and speak with an agent, do not just surf the web) for your car rental. Chances are you will get better rates than shopping rental outfits on your own and a great customer service. Automatic in the UK for us US people is a must!!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,111 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Driving into Wales

>>>I think you mean Croeso i Gymru<<<

That's not the way we say or write it in my family! :-)

13. Re: Driving into Wales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham