We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

London, UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

Hi there,

I'm thinking of booking The Pig Hotel which is the baby-sister (?) of Lime Wood Hotel and looking like a restaurant with rooms that opens in July. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Many thanks

Livery

Kingston, London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

Used to work there when it was Whitley Ridge and had a michelin star and hotel was Red Star (top 200)

The site is lovely we had great food wine and service slightly quirky rooms that needed updating.

Robin Hutson is a great hotelier, think "hotel du vin in the country"

I am now at "The Jetty Mudeford" 20mins drive and an amazing location right on the waters edge, serving simple local great food. To quote a recent guest "food you want to eat" pop down to see us.

Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

Yup, go to Lime Wood a lot, and so visit to the Pig was 'encouraged' by them. So, been there recently, in the first week since the re-opening. Everything has been updated, and it's fab, so highly recommended! It's been designed around the 'Kitchen Garden' and the pig theme, so whole menu is related to that. You will find the occasional stuffed boars head up on the walls of the bar and the dining room. Actually, the dining room has been opened out and expanded since the refurb and is now a beautiful conservatory, filled with herbs and potted plants, with a view onto the front lawn. I haven't stayed there yet, but a colleague has and says its very good. Only thing is the wifi signal isn't very strong, but we mentioned it to the hotel and they are working on it. Lovely little terraced area to the back, a walled garden with Pizza Oven, great little spot for sun-downers. You should try it!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

I have and it's wonderful.............I had a meal on the terrace last night sitting in the dappled sunlight watching deer racing around in the paddock to the west with light jazz floating out of the restaurant to add to the atmosphere.

The rooms are in three ranges .... snug £125 , comfortable £145 and superior £165 per night ...and all are great value and quality - I think they'll be raising their prices pretty soon!...... I know all this because I went to the opening party which was fab in itself. Great gardens and setting, relaxed rural chic layout and ambience ... you'd be missing the perfect New Forest newcomer if you didn't make it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Re: The Pig Hotel - sister of Lime Wood - Anyone heard about it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:19