We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

Kent
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

Can anyone recommend a really good, reliable foodie pub or restaurant where I can take some visitors for a really English experience and that won't let me down? Somewhere in the New Forest , the Salisbury/Downton/Ringwood end would be ideal. Many thanks. Dawn

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

The Royal Oak at Fritham is a fantastic, unspoilt traditional pub, in the heart of the New Forest. It does food, but it's certainly not foodie. Now to me, that makes it a more English experience than any gastropub, and I'd happily take visitors there. Your call...!

telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/pubs/8360068/Ha…

Mike

Southampton
Level Contributor
458 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

The Oak at Bank near lyndhurst is lovely with really good food and conveniently located for exploring new forest. Or if you want somewhere more foodie the Pig at brockenhurst which recently opened is really good.

Edited: 06 December 2011, 07:47
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

I agree with Mike.... but dont forget the Royal Oak at Fritham only do food at lunchtimes.... and not evenings

You can then always go for a walk along the many walking tracks from the pub.. why not try this walk.

new-forest-national-park.com/fritham-walk.ht…

Dave

4. Re: Good food in New Forest between Salisbury & Ringwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:22