We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding Stables in New Forest offering Beach Rides?

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Riding Stables in New Forest offering Beach Rides?

Does anyone know of any riding stables in or around the the New Forest that offer beach rides?

I will be visiting in November so I know it will be dependant on the weather, I have found quote a few stables that offer hacking but none specify beach rides. We will be staying in Fordingbridge but don’t mind travelling 30 mins or so to the beach.

Thanks

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding Stables in New Forest offering Beach Rides?

Best thing then is to call the ones nearest the coast. Problem is, there isn't really easily-accessible lengths of coast/beach. You have Calshot (stony), Lepe next, sand but hard to reach, then it becomes mud estuary as you head towards Beaulieu River, Exbury area... similar to Lymington, Harbour.. mud... and on towards Barton on Sea which is fairly bouldery, due to coastal protection works.

colindocketty.co.uk/newforestridingstables/

Not sure if Mopley could help you. Also try the Sway places, they may box you out.

You might have to try a bit further afield - Christchurch, Southbourne, Highcliffe areas... because those beaches are much better and long.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding Stables in New Forest offering Beach Rides?

http://www.studlandstables.com/

Would probably be worth the effort, if you are keen!

3. Re: Horse Riding Stables in New Forest offering Beach Rides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2013, 10:15