We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics & Lodging in New Forest

singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics & Lodging in New Forest

Frens and I are doing a overnight trip to the New Forest National Park middle of this May. We are taking the train from London. The plan is to alight at Brokenhurst and do some cycling, stay the night and the next day, proceed to Milton by the Sea or somewhere close by. Take a tour around the village and return back to London by train again.

1. Can anyone suggest a nice cozy B&B easily accessible by transport or foot? Budget about 120pounds.

2. Is it true there are some cycling shops near the train station where we can leave our overnight bags (or lockers) and return to collect later?

3. Where would be a good place to visit the next day? With nice village character and nice little shops.

Other suggestions welcome. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
719 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics & Lodging in New Forest

If it helps, I quite like Boldre. Very nice walk, and a fantastic pub-don't miss the desserts.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,976 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistics & Lodging in New Forest

I am not too sure what your plans are.

Are you planning to bring your own bikes or to rent them when you reach Brockenhurst.

There are certainly two cycle hire shops near Brockenhurst station

http://www.countrylanes.co.uk/ and http://www.cyclex.co.uk/

I don't know whether either offers a left luggage service - you would need to call to check.

But where are you planning to stay the night - if you are staying in Brockenhurst then you would probably be best leaving bags at your lodgings even if you don't fully check in when you first arrive.

If you stay outside Brockenhurst and have left bags with the cycle shop you still have to return to the cycle shop and then transport them (and bicycles?) to your lodging so staying in Brockenhurst might be easiest..

I cant recommend specific B&Bs (too close to home to need)

For Cycling info see newforestnpa.gov.uk/downloads/file/198/new_f… and newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/…cycling

3. Re: Logistics & Lodging in New Forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about New Forest
Recent Conversations